To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

yubikey set up and use

Options
QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru
QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Memberships

This is not really the place, but absolutlely no one else will help me. It started when my iPhone 11 was ripped out of my hand while it was on and in use. In less than 1 day, every acct I ever had was hacked, and I was locked out of every single account that I had ever. I have been stalked nonstop since 05/25/2021. Since then, I have tried to start a brand new live all over again, continuously, and can not shake them. I am on my 20th brand new, Prepaid Phone, all with different numbers, names, addresses, and emails. I pay Proton hundreds of dollars a year for their best end to end email, calendar, and drive (which I dont use.) Their Secure-Core VPN travels throughs several Secure-Core Countries, before it even reaches the US, and the Kill- Switch is always locked. Nothing matters. My last ideas was to teach myself how to use Yubico, 5 Series, Hardware Security Keys, but I don't understand them, and can not find 1 single person to teach me.......Where I am at now, I have registered many Yubikeys at several different accounts, and each of those accounts require me to use the Keys to get back in. I followed all of the on-screen instructions- TO THE LETTER, but none of those exact same keys will let me back into any of those accounts, All 4 of my yubikeys says that no accounts have ever been added. I don't know what to do, or how to fix it, and no one will help me. when you call YUBICO, they will not speak to you AT ALL, unless you were calling to buy more keys. I think that physical keys are my last hope to get even 1 account securedeive , even if they still can control what calls and messages I frecieve or send, or what websites I am allowed to visit, the the w, ebsites that I do visitnnever receive any information that I try to send. I am even "blacklisted" from all sites whose opjective is to help victims. The location of my phoness are always locked on. so they know where I am every second .or every day. IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME, PLEASE TRY. I HAVE NO WHERE TO TURN. MY ATTACKERS ARE SO MUCH BETTER AT BEING ME, THAN I AM. THE SINGLE ONLY WAY THAT I CAN PROVE WHO I AM, IS TO PHYSICALLY SHOW UP AT LOCATION, WITH MULTIPLE, GOVERNMENT ISSUED IDS. any advice would help the hell that I have been in for over 2 years. please try.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't undestand how to set up and use all of my Yubikeys, and no one will help me

Comments

• GreyM1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi there @QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru

It sounds like there's quite a complex situation here, and I'm sorry to hear about what's going on.

Although we can't help with products made by someone else, we can help you secure your 1Password account, using a YubiKey as an additional layer of security for your 1Password account: Use your security key as a second factor for your 1Password account.

Then, if you're not already using strong, random passwords (and two-factor authentication where available) for your online accounts, you can find out more about how to do that with 1Password here:

If you have any difficulty in setting up your YubiKey with your 1Password account, or using 1Password in general, please do let us know and we'll be happy to assist you further.

— Grey

• QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru
    QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru
    Community Member
    Options

I understand the basics of Passkeys, and 1Password is promoting them as being "Secure". But let's just assume that I am being cyber-Stalked, and can get all of the information from my phones, remotely. I don't understand how you could be able to do that, but they can, and they are. Daily, they get access codes sent only to my phone, when I am not even using it. I don't even get a notification that a code was requested, but they are always granted access to my accounts. They only way I know, if that "important" institutions keep sign in logs, and note the device that signs in. I completely distrust ALL THINGS APPLE AND ALL THINGS GOOGLE, because they essentially helped my attackers steal all of my identity, and then refused to help me get it back. I am saying this, because I know that all of the sign-ins from apple devices, and google phone, are definately not me. Just to make sure, in my specific situation, I should avoid all Passkeys, correct? I am assuming that a "Passkey" is the thing that the Microsoft Authenticator does, as well as the similar app for Adobe. I shpuld avoid all Passkeys, Correct?
    On another note, if any knows of a company, or university, or trade school, where I can physical go to get help with physical, hardware, security keys, PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF THEM. I think that they are my only hope of getting even a couple accounts, under my control. i have owned 4 for over 2 years, and can not get them to work. i have looked everywhere, and NOONE WILL HELP ME. i truly appreciate anyone who took the time to listen.

1Password Version: 8
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Windows and Android
    Browser:_ Edge
    Referrer: forum-search:ask a question

• QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru
    QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru
    Community Member
    Options

i have already tried to secure my 1Password account with the keys, it like all of the other apps and programs that I have tried, it did not work. I run into the exact same problem with all sites that I have tried. This is the problem: 1. I follow all of the very simple on screen instructions. 1Password acknowledges all 4 keys, and 1Password lets me add all 4 keys to my 1Password account. The all of the keys lock my 1Password account. HOWEVER, EXACTLY LIKE THE OTHER 15 ACCOUNTS THAT I HAVE ADDED MY KEYS TO. None of those exact same keys, UNLOCK ANY OF THE ACCOUNT. Using Yubico Software, All 4 keys show that no accounts have ever been added. Since I was still signed into 1Password, 1Password allowed me to turn off 2fa, and allowed me to remove they keys. which was convenient for the minute, however, in real life-very scary to know that 1Password Security is so weak, that I didn,t even need the keys at all, to complete disable 2fa. IN REALITY, I HAVE MUCH MORE RESPECT FOR, AND FEEL SAFER WITH, THE APPS AND WEBSITES WHICH I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO ACCESS FOR OVER A MONTH. Specifically: Google's Advanced Protection Program, and FastMail. If you have a written list of instruction on how to add keys to 1Password, I will absolutely try again. Right now, I think that these keys are my best option for any sense of Security. HOWEVER, IF AT ANY POINT, THOSE INSTRUCT SAY: DO WHAT THE PHONE/COMPUTER TELLS YOU TO DO, then that is useless, because that IS what I did, and THAT DOES NOT WORK.
    Let me say, I APPRECIATE YOU VERY MUCH FOR EVEN LISTENING TO ME, AND THEN TAKING YOUR TIME TO RESPOND. THANK YOU. I DEFINITELY WILL ACCEPT ANY AND ALL HELP THAT IS OFFERED.

• QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru
    QJCrhTXkMxQMVcACdVru
    Community Member
    Options

I FOLLOWED THE LINK TO THE INSTRUCTIONS. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID. THOSE ARE THE EXACT SAME INSTRUCTIONS THAT EVERY SITE GIIVES. THEY DO NOT WORK.. ALL OF MY KEYS GET SUCCESSFULLY REGISTERED TO ALL OF THE SITES THAT I HAVE TRIED. THERE IS A STEP OR PART THAT I AM MISSING. THE KEYS ARE SUPPOSED TO KEEP A RECORD OF THE SITES THAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO UNLOCK. THAT IS NOT HAPPENING, AND WHY THE KEYS WONT UNLOCK THEY ACCOUNTS.. I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX IT AND NO ONE WILL HELP ME. YUBICO REFUSES TO HELP.. IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING, PLEASE HELP. WHEN THE KEYS WERE REGISTERED ON 1 PASSWORD, AND I WANTED ACCESS TO 1PASSWORD. THE FIRST THING THAT THE SITE SAYS IS TO INSERT YOU KEY. I DID THAT. ALL OF MY KEYS ARE RECOGNIZED BY THE PHONE AND COMPUTER, AND THE LITTLE YELLOW DISK STARTS FLASHING. I PRESS THE DISK.....AND NOTHING HAPPENS- EVER. THE SCREEN JUST MAINTAINS "INSERT YOUR KEY!" IT IS NOT 1PASSWORD SPECIFIC. ALL SITES HAVE THE EXACT SAME INSTRUCTION. EVERY WEBSITE LETS ME SUCCESSFULLY REGISTER ALL OF MY KEYS. NONE OF THE KEYS OPEN ANY ACCOUNT, AND THE YUBICO APPLICATION MAINTAINS THAT NO ACCOUNTS HAVE EVER BEEN ADDED TO ANY OF THEY KEYS. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OR SEND ME TO SOMEONE WHO WILL. YUBICO REFUSES TO HELP. YOU CANT CALL FOR SUPPORT, OR EMAIL. THERE ARE NO STORES WHERE YOU CAN GO. THE TELL YOU TO FILL OUT A TICKET, GIVE YOU A URL- AND AT THAT URL.......THERE IS NOWHERE TO WRITE A TICKET. THEY WERE VOTED THE BEST AND MOST VERISTLE BY ALMOST EVERYONE. HONESTLY THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL, AND EVERY SINGLE EMPLOYEE SHOULD BE EMBARRASED TO EXIST AS A COMPANY. ANYONE. PLEASE HELP.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

I propose you find and hire some computer expert local to you, someone you visit in person or who visits you in person and whom you talk to in person, not remotely, not phone. Sit together in front of your computer, then you show him your issues. Not only how to operate a Yubikey, but more important: you seem to be utterly confused about what's going on with your accounts, how some identity thief could still be present after all this time and after all your engagement, and how to fight it. You need someone with a fresh view on it and someone who is able to analyze this kind of account issue. Someone trustworthy who is able to explain things for you. Not remote but in person.

I admit I don't have a clue how you can find such an expert.

If you're still unable to work your issues out, you might perhaps find someone who does all this security related computer stuff for you. You authorize him, and he will create accounts for you independent from your old accounts. If there's work to do, call him and give him orders, then he will perform the ordered transaction. You will never use these accounts, so you cannot accidentally let any still remaining intruder in. This way there is no connection between your tainted stolen identity and a new clean one.

This discussion has been closed.