Frequent times when Safari beta (v 2.12.0) doesn't activate on icon click in username/password field

Options

I'm running the new 1Password Safari extension beta (2.12.0), and I'm now seeing regular occurrences when clicking the 1Password icon in a username or password field doesn't actually activate the drop-down list of my stored credentials. The extension is running, the app itself is running, and clicking the 1Password icon in the Safari top bar works (inasmuch as clicking it drops down the main extension window that shows a search field, my stored creds for the open website, etc.) — but clicking the 1Password icon in the username or password field itself literally does nothing at all.

Restarting Safari always restores functionality... for a while, and then the problem recurs. I can't really tie any specific cause to when it happens.

Anyone else seeing this?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4 (22F66)
Browser:_ Safari 16.5 (18615.2.9.11.4)

Comments

• jtaylor
    jtaylor
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing. I've resorted to using the icon in the Top Bar as well when this occurs. I find restarting Safari somewhat annoying since I have (too) many open tabs.

• JayTay
    JayTay
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, same problem here

• pychang
    pychang
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. The most annoying thing is that it appears randomly so I can't reproduce the bug intentionally.
    Btw I found that you can just disable & enable the extension from safari's setting without quitting safari to temporary solve this issue.

• nathaniom
    nathaniom
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

+1 for the same issue.

I'm pretty sure this was occurring before the beta on the release version as well only less frequent.

• Hey @delfuego, @jtaylor, @JayTay, @pychang, @nathaniom,

I'm sorry for the trouble, it definitely sounds like things aren't working as expected.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report so we can take a closer look at what is happening:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• delfuego
    delfuego
    Community Member
    Options

Sadly, this came back with a roaring vengeance for me over the past day or two. I'll email the requested diagnostic reports now.

• Hey @delfuego,

I'm sorry to hear you're continuing to have trouble.

Can you share your Support ID number so I can take a look?

Thanks!

• JayTay
    JayTay
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yup same here - it fixed itself on one of the previous betas but seems to be broken again now. My support ID is [#XAH-68886-219]

• pychang
    pychang
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @steph.giles ,

I've encountered this issue and already sent a report over email. My support ID is [#XBH-32678-599].
    Hope this bug can be fixed soon!

Thanks!

• delfuego
    delfuego
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles My support ID is: #XMF-84781-546.

• Thanks folks. A member of the team will be with you as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.