How can I change a 'Private Vault' into a shared vault with all its contents (Family sharing subscri

Options
gillymonk1
gillymonk1
Community Member

Please help - I have 2 vaults - 1 is designated as shared, with one item in it, but the other has over 190 items and is designated as 'private'.
This is thr wrong way round, and I would like to re-configure the shared vault to be a family share.
Can I do this easily? How?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:[How can I change a 'Private Vault' into a shared vault with all its contents (Family sharing subscri](https://1password.community/search?Search=How can I change a 'Private Vault' into a shared vault with all its contents (Family sharing subscri)

Comments

• Hi @gillymonk1,

With a 1Password family account,
    Each family member starts with two vaults:

• Everyone in your family has their own Private vault. You can’t see what’s in theirs, and they can’t see what’s in yours. Store things like your email login and social media passwords in your Private vault.

• 1Password Families includes a Shared vault for items everyone in your family needs. It’s a great place for your Wi-Fi password and Netflix login, for example.

You are not able to share the Private vault and so you'll need to move the data from within the Private vault to the Shared vault which can be done by following along with our Move and copy items article.

This discussion has been closed.