Some field labels are not translated when switching language

Options
Backspaze
Backspaze
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Windows

This is a general issue that seems to affect all platforms. It's tested on Windows, iOS, 1Password in the browser and 1Password on the web. The additional information contains version information for the platform where the steps to reproduce was captured.

When creating an item and adding a one-time password and then switching language, the one-time password label isn't translated. This issue might affect other labels as well, but I just noticed it for the one-time password label.

Steps to reproduce

• Change the language under Settings > Advanced to Deutsch (or any other language than your default).
  • Create a Login item.

• (Optional) enter a username and password.
    • Click add more and choose One-Time Password
    • (Optional) enter some random digits in the one-time password code field.
  • Click Save

• Note the labels of the fields as shown in the screenshot below; Benutzername, Passwort and Einmalpasswort.

• Change the language to English (or back your default language).

• Check the name of the labels and notice how only two of them were translated; username and password.

As I understand it, the labels are part of a framework and gets translated dynamically based on your chosen language. Is it by design that certain labels, such as one-time password, isn't translated or is this a bug?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.8 (81008013)
Extension Version: 2.12.1 21200101, on BETA channel
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Backspaze, thanks for taking the time to report this to us! This is something our team are currently looking into, and I've added your case to the issue on file, including all of the details you've provided here.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know 😄

ref: dev/core/core#20288

This discussion has been closed.