How to save SSO

Options
rctneil
rctneil
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I've created an account with imgbin.com using my Facebook account. How can I create a login item for it with Facebook SSO support? Nothing pops up to create an item when i sign in?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rctneil

If you're not seeing the prompt to create a new item in 1Password for imgbin.com that displays the "Sign in with Facebook" option, you can manually do so in the app by doing the following:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click + New Item, then click Login Item.
    3. Add the title and website URL for imgbin.com.
    4. Click + Add More, then click Sign In With.
    5. Click "Add a login to sign in with", then select your Facebook item.
    6. Click Save.

This login item for imgbin.com will now be saved in 1Password and you will see the prompt appear in your browser when signing in to that website the next time you go to do so. Give that a try and let me know how you get on :)

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, I have tried that but it doesn't prompt me to use the item when i go to login?

• Hey @rctneil,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have done some testing on this website and you are right, the prompt to sign in isn't showing as we would expect it to.

I have filed an issue with our development team to take a look to see if we can improve the behaviour in a future update.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: dev/core/core#22374

This discussion has been closed.