Pre sales questions

Options

If I get the teams bundle does it have a master account and would that master account have the same abilities as a business account thanks I work with a few small family business but I control every aspect everything digital but want each owner to have their own account and me be the master account

Comments

• ag_max
    Options

Hi @oddballmediagroup,

Every 1Password account (Teams, Business, Families) is a separate silo, complete with its own users, vaults, and items. With 1Password Teams and Business, the person who creates the account will be in the Owners group. This group has the highest level permissions on the team, and can assign others to this group role and others.

If you'd like to help manage your clients' information using 1Password, you could create separate 1Password accounts and then invite these users as team members. This would allow you to help manage their digital information and ensure their billing and account settings are configured properly. You could assign any leadership of those businesses to the Owners group as well, and you'd both have the same permissions and control. It's worth noting that there isn't a "master account" concept in 1Password. You can have additional members of the Owners group.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. And if you prefer, you can contact our team via email at businesssupport@1password.com

• oddballmediagroup
    oddballmediagroup
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the swift reply of I get a business account can I have customers get a personal account and invite them as team memebers or would they also have to have a business account ?

• ag_max
    Options

@oddballmediagroup,

You would need to invite your team members to the business account for them to have reliable access to any data stored there. It isn't possible to merge a personal account with your business account; these accounts are viewed as separate entities in 1Password.

They can, however, maintain any other 1Password accounts not associated with the business account, which they'll be able to access them separately.

• oddballmediagroup
    oddballmediagroup
    Community Member
    Options

can a 1 password business account share vaults with a personal account or a family account associated to another business account or no

• ag_max
    Options

@oddballmediagroup,

To share a vault you'll both need to be part of the same 1Password account as either a team members or guests.

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

You can share individual items with people who aren't part of your 1Password account through secure links. This will not be possible with the entire contents of a vault, however.

Securely share 1Password items with anyone

This discussion has been closed.