Oftentimes, I need a password for something that I haven't designated as a "Login"

Options
JoeSchmo3
JoeSchmo3
Community Member

I have a lot of different types of passwords for a lot of different use cases. The primary being that I have passwords for apps and crypto wallets, and I don't have them saved as a "Login" item when you are initiating a "New Item" for 1Pass to remember on the phone. However, I think a recent update changed something so that when, within an app, when you designate 1Password as the location of the password you're after, it won't populate anything at all, even when it's searched for verbatim. So then I have to close the app I'm in, pull down from the top and search for 1Password (I don't save a lot of apps on my home screen, I find it's easier to search for what I want then remember which file it's hidden in), bring up 1password, log in there, and of course every two weeks I have to find my password on my laptop, and then I have to search for the login information ALL over again. When it would cut so many steps out if I could just search for my crypto wallets or an app login within the "Password Lookup" function within the app I'm already in.

I tried searching the forum for someone else having this issue, but I couldn't find the right keywords to formulate what I was thinking or what someone else may have described it as. Has this been brought up at all? Or is there something I'm not doing correct? I legitimately could be doing something wrong, but in apps on my phone, there doesn't appear to be any ability to search for things that are not designated as "Login" items.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.5
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:different type other than web login

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @JoeSchmo3! 👋

When you use iOS Password AutoFill to fill passwords into other apps then you're limited to just filling Login and Password items: Use 1Password to fill and save in apps and browsers on your iPhone and iPad

Passwords stored in other types of items, such as a Crypto Wallet item, can't be filled using Password AutoFill. If you do have login passwords in other types of items then I suggest that you create a Login item for those passwords.

That being said, I can certainly see how it would be useful to fill usernames and passwords from other types of items and I've passed your feedback along to the team.

So then I have to close the app I'm in, pull down from the top and search for 1Password (I don't save a lot of apps on my home screen, I find it's easier to search for what I want then remember which file it's hidden in), bring up 1password, log in there, and of course every two weeks I have to find my password on my laptop, and then I have to search for the login information ALL over again.

Your 1Password account password should be the "one password" that you memorize. By relying on keeping your account password in 1Password you run the risk of being locked out of your account permanently. You can choose a memorable password using our guide: How to choose a good 1Password account password

-Dave

ref: PB-33604693

This discussion has been closed.