Weird 1Password icon shows up in middle of Chase website page

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

This is a very weird thing. My wife has an older 2010 MacBook Pro running High Sierra. Whenever she signs in to the Chase website in Chrome, and doesn't use 1Password to sign in (she just hand types the username and password) the little 1Password icon (the lock icon to the right of the username text field) stays displayed on the screen after signing in. But, if she uses 1Passowrd to sign in, the icon disappears. Since I always use 1Password to sign in everywhere, I've never seen this. In fact, I was trying to reproduce it to get a screenshot and I tried logging in as her (I first asked her to unlock 1Password, then signed in). As I was doing that she mentioned "I never use 1Password to sign in to Chase". Lo and behold, when I signed in the icon didn't show up on the screen. LOL. That's what she gets for not using 1P. Of course, I still had to report it here so that you all can see this weirdness. Let me know what you think.

1Password Version: 7.9.10
Extension Version: 2.9.0
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ajahn I tested this out in my own Chase account but did not see the locked 1Password icon. Could you let me know what version of Chrome your wife is doing? Additionally, can your wife update the extension from 2.9.0 to the latest version of it, which is 2.11.0?

Here's more about the latest release of the extension: https://releases.1password.com/b5x/

I look forward to hearing from you again.

This discussion has been closed.