Onetime Link to recieve a password

Options
1psidctm
1psidctm
Community Member

We often have the case that customers want to send us passwords via a secure channel. It would be nice if a kind of "reverse sharing" were possible in the sense that a link can be created similar to the password sharing, the customer can make his entry there and this then ends up in 1password.

Or that 1password offers a function such as https://onetimesecret.com/.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• antdking
    antdking
    Community Member
    Options

+1' this request has come up so many times and is the biggest missing feature for when you're working with partners.

Usecase I've had are for gathering API credentials where those partners have less than stellar processes (ie, they think sending a long-lived API token or license key through email is secure enough).
    Been a continuous problem for the past 10 years.

Not to mention, it's a good marketing channel.

• antdking
    antdking
    Community Member
    Options

Why not use a guest account?
    Too much process overhead for requesting just a password

• ag_max
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @1psidctm,

The ability to send a request form to a user outside your 1Password account and have them submit information (reverse security item sharing) isn't currently possible, as you're aware. What is possible is for a person already using 1Password to securely share items with other people.

That said, I'll be happy to pass on your feedback to our Product team for consideration, as I can definitely see the value in this type of functionality.

ref: pb-33671624

If you're directly working with customers or clients for an extended period of time, you could invite them as guests, as antdking suggested. You can share a single vault with each guest and then share items with them.

Share with guests in your team

This discussion has been closed.