Meaning of the term "Used"

Options
lodaka
lodaka
Community Member

In the sorting function, there are items like "Frequently Used", "Recently Used". What does "Used" mean? If I just click on the item(s), does that count as "used", or does it require more than that, e.g. copying action, editing, or perhaps autocomplete through the extension, etc. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @lodaka

Actions taken in the main 1Password app – like using Copy, Reveal, or Show in Large Type on any field – will count as "used", as will clicking the website field to Open and fill. Actions taken in the 1Password browser extensions, or using autofill in apps on iOS or Android, won't affect the "last used" date.

— Grey

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@GreyM1P

Actions taken in the 1Password browser extensions, or using autofill in apps on iOS or Android, won't affect the "last used" date.

That's a pity, because the browser extensions are where my 1Password items are "used" most!
    The desktop app is where I create and manage my data, but actually using takes mainly place in the extensions by autofilling login forms.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Tertius3

Thank you for feedback. We do have an internal work item open to look into changing this behaviour in the future and I've added your comments there so that the team is aware that this is something that you'd like to see.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#17304

This discussion has been closed.