A couple of more questions / feature request

Options
lodaka
lodaka
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

When you create / change a password on a webpage, 1Password "suggests" a password, under the Extension installed in my browser. The number of characters for these suggested passwords always seems to be limited to 19.

1. Is there a way to change this number?
  2. If not, my feature request would be to provide the "Create a New Password" function in the extension, similar to what you get in the main program.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @lodaka

Please try the following steps.

1. Click on the toolbar icon for 1Password.
    2. Click the hamburger menu beside the "+ New Item" button.
    3. Click password generator
    4. When the generator opens set your desired settings being sure to toggle the option for set as default for suggestions.

You'll need to switch away from Smart password to see the settings. Smart settings is likely the current selection.

• lodaka
    lodaka
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Yes, that was it. I see how this works now. Just to confirm, "Smart Password" setting is always at 19 characters then?

• @lodaka

It should change dynamically based on if we're able to determine the sites requirements. For example on sites with a lower character count you should see less characters offered up. If you're looking to increase and maintain the count the best option would be to set the desired limit. I'm also anxiously awaiting more sites to support passkeys. Exciting time for sure.

On the 19 figure, if you change your setting back to smart password you'll see the 19 count return. 1Password is looking to strike a balance of ease of use by generating the smart password and not increasing so much as to encounter site issues. For advanced users or those looking for longer passwords then manually setting the length would likely be the best.

This discussion has been closed.