Is it possible to move an item to a member of my family's vault?

Options
PLISSKEN
PLISSKEN
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Families

I have a family account with members. Is it possible to move an item from my vault directly to a family members vault?

1Password Version: 8.10.7 (81007041)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 22H2
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:move item to family members vault

Comments

• Hi @PLISSKEN,

Within a 1Password family account, each family member starts with two vaults:

• Everyone in your family has their own Private vault. You can’t see what’s in theirs, and they can’t see what’s in yours. Store things like your email login and social media passwords in your Private vault.

• 1Password Families includes a Shared vault for items everyone in your family needs. It’s a great place for your Wi-Fi password and Netflix login, for example.

If your question is referring to moving items from a Private vault to a Private vault of a family member, you would be unable to do this - to share items with family members, you would need to move items into a shared vault.

You are able to create additional shared vaults via the steps within our Create and share vaults article, wherein you can manage the permissions of these vaults so that they are only shared with specific family members.

• PLISSKEN
    PLISSKEN
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_josephine

yes, I was indeed asking to move an item from a from a private vault to another private vault. For instance, I want to move an item I created in my private vault to my son's private vault. I can of course recreate it in my son's vault, but it would be great to be able to instead move an item.

There should be no privacy concern since it is within a family and initiated from my logged in vault. If there still is any concern a accept/deny a move item request could be implemented.

Can you perhaps add this to the feature requests list?

Let me know if you need a better user story/case.

Thanks!

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

You could move that item from your personal vault to the existing shared vault of your family account, and your son is then able to move the item in his personal vault himself. You don't need to recreate that item.

• PLISSKEN
    PLISSKEN
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip @Tertius3, but I think a feature like the one I described would be easier to use.

//Carl

• @PLISSKEN,

While I can't make any promises, I've filed a feature request internally to bring this to the attention of our team. They regularly review feature requests from our customers to consider what should be added or changed to future versions of 1Password.

Thank you for the suggestion!

• PLISSKEN
    PLISSKEN
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_josephine!

• @PLISSKEN,
    Not a problem, happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.