Force Sync for Windows?

Options
Freddi
Freddi
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Windows

I wonder that this should be a issue but my Windows 10 PC does not get/send updates if I change items.

For example: I do some editing on PC "A", I can see the changes on my iPhone but on PC "B" there is no change.
If I lock/unlock 1password on PC "B" the change was visible. It even helps to add a "dummy" note but this should not be a solution?

Why is this? Why does 1password not sync and why is there no "force sync" option available?

1Password Version: 8.10.7 BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Freddi, thanks for reaching out about this! 1Password should sync automatically and immediately whenever you make any changes. If this isn't happening until you lock and unlock the app, it sounds as if something is going wrong and preventing the app from syncing. In this situation, a force sync option would run into the same problem as the automatic sync, and so this wouldn't be as useful as it initially seems.

Could you reproduce this syncing issue issue, and then email in to support+forum@1password.com with a diagnostics report from the PC that isn't syncing, so we can take a closer look at what's going on?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• Freddi
    Freddi
    Community Member
    Options

I wonder that this should be a issue but my Windows 10 PC does not get/send updates if I change items.

For example: I do some editing on PC "A", I can see the changes on my iPhone but on PC "B" there is no change.
    If I lock/unlock 1password on PC "B" the change was visible. It even helps to add a "dummy" note but this should not be a solution?

Why is this? Why does 1password not sync and why is there no "force sync" option available?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Freddi! I can see that you had already posted about this issue, so I've merged it with your original post.

Are you still running into syncing issues? If so, could you follow the steps in my previous response to email in with a diagnostics report, so we can look into things further with you? Thanks! 😄

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same issue but only started recently.

If I make a new entry or modify an entry on an iOS device, the change only shows on Windows desktop app if I unlock, lock and then unlock app.

If I don't do this, 1Password on Windows uses old passwords.

Also happens in the opposite direction.

Is this due to recent updates ?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Unsafenow! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some sync-related troubles as well. Could you email in to support+forum@1password.com with a diagnostics report from the Windows app, so we can look into this further?

With your email please include:

Once you get a response with a Support ID, please post that number here so we can connect the dots. Thanks!

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member
    Options

Waiting for Support ID .....

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Unsafenow, thanks for letting me know that you've emailed in! To confirm, are you still waiting for an automated response with a support ID? It should be relatively quick, so if you're still waiting, it's possible that something might have gone wrong. Could you double check that the email was sent to support+forum@1password.com?

• ag_mike_d
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @Unsafenow - We've received your message and will be in touch soon.

ref: IYV-91988-591

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member
    Options

Close the case.

As I said in my email reply, I am not interested in troubleshooting a failure in software. I should have just stayed with 1Password 7.

Thanks

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @Unsafenow, thanks for letting us know. Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any further questions or concerns.

This discussion has been closed.