Move data from Dropbox to Google Drive

Options
tairandall
tairandall
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I want to move my 1P data from dropbox to Google Drive, but I can't find anywhere to do it through the app, nor can I find anyway to "re-link" the data if I just move it there and then remove it from dropbox. I looked all through the app and all through the online settings in my account. What am I missing?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4 (and iOS 16.5)
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:move data dropbox

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @tairandall! 👋

I see that you noted in your post that you're using 1Password 8. 1Password 8 doesn't use Dropbox or Google Drive to sync or store your items. Instead, all of your items are backed up to 1Password.com and 1Password itself makes sure that you can see all of your items on all of your devices.

Can you clarify a little further what it is that you're trying to do? And are you able to see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

-Dave

• tairandall
    tairandall
    Community Member
    Options

Nope - that'll do it. I'm just trying to cancel dropbox (since I never use it and only really ever use Google Drive anymore) and wanted to make sure I didn't lose my 1Password data. If it's automatically synced with 1Password.com then I don't have to worry about my dropbox data at all, and can delete at will. Thanks!

• tairandall
    tairandall
    Community Member
    Options

Oh - yes, I can see everything in the browser on 1password.com. Sorry - skimmed the message too quickly and missed that question!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@tairandall

If you do see 1Password files in your Dropbox account then those might be left over from an old version of 1Password.

Before deleting the files just make sure that you see all of your items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app). If you do see all of your items on 1Password.com, in a complete and correct state, then you can safely remove the old files from Dropbox if you don't need them anymore.

-Dave

• tairandall
    tairandall
    Community Member
    Options

Perfect. I just deleted an old (and unknown) entry from the app and it immediately reflected that change on 1Password.com. Seems like they're syncing happily. Unless there's something else I missed, I'm all set.

Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    Options

I'm happy to help. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.