2FA / OTP on SumoLogic

Options

When I sign in to https://service.ca.sumologic.com, the username and password autofill (Cmd+) but the 2FA (which comes up next) does not, autofill doesn't seem to work for that field, and the clipboard isn't prepopulated as it used to be -- so now I have to go into 1P, get the 2FA OTP out and paste hit in myself. It's not hard, but it's annoying.

Is there something about my SumoLogic 1P entry that I can change to make that move more smoothly?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4 (Ventura)
Browser:_ Safari 16.5
Referrer: forum-search:2FA SumoLogic

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @diathesis, because I'm unable to create an account on sumologic.com to test the behavior, I'd like to ask a few questions:

• Do things work if you select to fill your login from the inline menu, starting from here: https://share.cleanshot.com/GhVmGchT?
    • Do you see a 1Password icon in the 2fa field, and if so, are you able to select your login from the inline menu to fill your OTP?
    • Are you able to click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, locate your login, and click Autofill to fill your OTP?

Lastly, I'd like for you to grab the following for us:

1. Navigate to the site and autofill your username and password.
    2. On the one-time password page, right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your "Downloads" folder.

Attach the downloaded .json file to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks!

• diathesis
    diathesis
    Community Member
    Options

Do things work if you select to fill your login from the inline menu, starting from here

No, the 1Password lock appears on the right side, but no logins appear below the field and clicking the lock icon does nothing.

Ctrl+\ works, but not the menu, basically. Not sure why, but maybe related. Also selecting 1P in the browser toolbar and clicking autofill doesn't work here for me, in multiple browsers.

Do you see a 1Password icon in the 2fa field, and if so, are you able to select your login from the inline menu to fill your OTP?

Same on the 2FA field. I see the lock icon on the right, but clicking it does nothing and no login popup below the field.

Are you able to click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, locate your login, and click Autofill to fill your OTP?

If I click the browser toolbar icon, the Sumo account does show up without any effort on my part to search for it. Autofill isn't finding the OTP field from the looks of things.

I've sent in the email, but no response from BitBot yet -- I guess I'll update the thread later when I get a support ID number.

• diathesis
    diathesis
    Community Member
    Options

Still nothing from BitBot, for whatever reason ...

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hey @diathesis, I did a search in our ticketing system for your username and did not find a ticket. Could you re-send the email with the .json file? If you still don't get a response from BitBot after a few minutes to an hour, let us know again.

In the meantime, what I find strange is that the 1Password icon appears locked on your end:

No, the 1Password lock appears on the right side, but no logins appear below the field and clicking the lock icon does nothing.

Was the 1Password icon in your username and password field initially locked as well? Could you make sure that the extension is unlocked before filling your login and then see if your OTP gets filled?

Ctrl+\ works, but not the menu, basically. Not sure why, but maybe related.

To clarify, using the keyboard shortcut allows you to fill your username, password, and OTP?

Once we get your email, we can continue the conversation from there. However, we'll communicate with you from here until then. We look forward to your response.

• diathesis
    diathesis
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Sent again. Will keep an eye out for BitBot, but no quick response. Took a couple of screen recordings, so hoping the support ticket works out so I can pass it along. Can sometimes get the below-field menu to appear, but not with consistency, and autofill actually worked in one case from the browser toolbar including the OTP, but ... again, not reliably.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@diathesis thanks for sending that again. I don't see anything on my end yet. I'm curious, how big are the video files attached to the email? Could you send an email without the files and then see if you get a reply from BitBot?

If the files are too big, we can provide a secure upload link for you. Let me know if that works.

• diathesis
    diathesis
    Community Member
    Options

Probably wasn't clear enough in the last message -- I didn't send the videos through yet, just captured them. BitBot did finally respond at 23:26, so the support id is [#BXD-32211-132].

• Hey @diathesis,

Thank you for sharing this. Lets continue the discussion over email.

ref: BXD-32211-132

This discussion has been closed.