1Password does not work on my Android phone. for Bank of America app

Options
wlclev42
wlclev42
Community Member

The app is part of the B of A info within 1Password, but 1 Password will only occasionally fill info - in fact, I cannot even use copy/paste.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password android does not work

Comments

• Hi @wlclev42, thanks for writing in.

Bank of America is certainly an odd one in terms of Autofill. I can consistently fill a username from the username field. For the password field, "forcing" Autofill brings up the prompt but selecting an item doesn't seem to fill. This may indicate that filling is intentionally blocked in the app.

I've gone ahead and shared these details with the team for further review.

In testing I did see the option to copy/paste. If you're not, using split screen mode to drag and drop your credentials would be another option to fill your password.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

Any update on this issue?

• wlclev42
    wlclev42
    Community Member
    Options

Copy and paste does not work either... at least for me.

• Good to know, thanks @wlclev42.

I can paste in the password field as long as a username is filled out first and I can use drag and drop with split screen mode. I'm not sure if the paste option might be restricted by the device, clipboard manager or Bank of America itself, but with an S22, Gboard and the Bank of America app version 23.06.0 I can paste in a password.

• ag_timothy
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @EnerJi, I've merged your post in with this one on the same topic, please see my response at the top of the thread.

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @ag_steele. Would be great if autofill can be fixed with this app because workarounds don't work reliably at all.

The BofA app likes to reset itself when switching back-and-forth, so if I copy the username then switch back to 1pw to copy the password, when I switch back to the BofA app the username will once again be blank. In addition, the BofA app works badly with drag and drop, often becoming unresponsive. The app allows one to save a single username / biometrics, but is a royal PIA to log into this app with a second username, particularly when my usernames are randomly generated and not committed to memory.

• Hi @EnerJi, thanks for your reply and feedback

I certainly agree workarounds are less than ideal. My apologies for any disruption to your workflow. If this is an issue that can be addressed by 1Password, hopefully we'll have that change available before too long.

Let us know if we can help with anything else!

This discussion has been closed.