Empty categories still show on the left

Options
EloiLagrange
EloiLagrange
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Windows

I'm new to 1Password. Tried to find an answer on this forum but could not. I entered some data under certain categories and then I decided to change the categories. I entered them again under other categories. I deleted the initial data and the trash. I now have some empty categories (Documents and Social Security Number) that still show on the left in the Windows app. When online they dont show anymore. I tried to sign out the app and then sign in again, but the empty categories still show. Is there a way to mask the empty categories on the left pane?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @EloiLagrange

We do have an open issue for that, and I'm sorry it's an inconvenience. I'll add this thread to our internal tracker for that issue while our Development team work on it.

The workaround to fix it is to sign out of 1Password, completely quit 1Password by right-clicking it in the system tray by the clock and choosing Quit, then open 1Password again and sign back in. Then, only Categories that have items in them will appear in the sidebar.

Give that a try and let me know how you get on. I'll be here if you need further help. :)

— Grey

ref: dev/core/core#13984

• EloiLagrange
    EloiLagrange
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot Grey! I have just tried it and it worked as you said!!! Empty categories are gone from the side panel. I must say my wife and I really think 1 Password is great and quite easy to handle. Keep up the good work! :)

• GreyM1P
    Options

@EloiLagrange – Great! I'm glad to hear that got things sorted out, and thank you for your kind words. We always appreciate feedback. 😁

• ironcore13
    ironcore13
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

If this is hijacking, sorry. Just thought it would be good to report it in one place instead of many.

This workaround did not work for me. I signed out of 1password, quit the app, made sure the browser plugin was logged out, and restarted my computer completely. Upon logging backin (to the PC and to 1Password), the empty category (Emails) is still there. Not a big deal, just wanted to report that it's still an issue and that the workaround did not work for me.

• Hello @ironcore13 - No worries and sorry for the delay!

Thanks for report and letting us know this this process didn't work for you. I've included your details in the issue filed with the team.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• @ironcore13 and @EloiLagrange

1Password for Windows version 8.10.16 now includes a fix for the issue that showed some categories in the sidebar even when you don’t have items in those categories.

You can find instructions on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• ironcore13
    ironcore13
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P confirming that after the update to 8.10.16, the empty categories are now gone. Thank you!

• @ironcore13

I'm happy that you're no longer seeing the issue. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.