To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't find Secret Key

Options
cadejackson
cadejackson
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Memberships

My Chrome extension wasn't working so I removed it, reinstalled it, and now to sign in it's asking for my Secret Key...

When I click the support links to FIND my secret key, it requires me sign in... and to sign in, I need my Secret Key.

How the Hell am I supposed to get this to work?

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• cadejackson
    cadejackson
    Community Member
    Options

To add to this, I've researched everything I can, I don't have an email with the Emergency Kit and it's not saved on my computer, either. I need another way to recover this. I've tried calling the phone number but nobody answers.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @cadejackson !

If you don't have an app or a browser where you're already signed in, you have to contact 1Password Support. Hopefully they are able to help you with this.

Contact 1Password Support

Here's how you find your Secret Key in an app or browser:
    Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

• Hi @cadejackson,

@DenalB is correct; 1Password Accounts have a Secret Key, which is automatically generated when you sign up, and a account password that you set. The Secret Key is found within the Emergency Kit that you should be prompted to save or print after you set up your account, though the account password must be manually added to this document.

To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.