SSH Agent shows no keys

Options
karlgr
karlgr
Community Member

Hi there dear 1password community,

I am currently trying to get the ssh agent working on my machine, but even after hours of searching I have found no solution.

1Password is installed using the rpm repo. It is running fine and is populating the ~/.1password folder as expected. 1password cli works fine integrated into the app. I have enabled "Unlock using system authentication service", and I enabled the ssh agent in the developer settings.

I have generated a new ssh key in my privat vault. 1password cli can access the details of the ssh key. I only have that one ssh key in my vault.

I have set up the ssh config and before running ssh-add -l I export the env variable for the auth socket (which I checked and it points to the correct location, I can see the socket when ls'ing it)

When enabling the debug log I can see the following event when executing ssh-agent -l

DEBUG 2023-06-22T16:07:40.958 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(8)) [1P:ssh/op-ssh-agent/src/lib.rs:517] Handling SSH agent message: RequestIdentities
DEBUG 2023-06-22T16:07:40.958 ThreadId(18) [1P:data/op-db/src/transaction.rs:58] COMMIT(tx#176(get_all_ssh_pubkeys))

Still, there are no keys listed. I checked more than once that it is in my private vault (or at least as private as it gets, since its named "Privat" because I am german, but I doubt that makes the difference here).

I am lost - the agent seems to be working, but I does not list any keys I generate or import.

1Password Version: 8.10.7 (81007041)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Fedora Silverblue 38
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @karlgr Could you try upgrading to the latest 1Password version? There was a related bug we fixed that may solve your issue.

• karlgr
    karlgr
    Community Member
    Options

@floris_1P thanks for the feedback, but the fedora repo still provides 8.10.7 for me, I don't get a new version. When will it hit the fedora repos?

This discussion has been closed.