Could not connect to the 1password app

Options
kenocrates
kenocrates
Community Member

1Password 8 was causing me problems. Reverted to 1Password 7 but it has it’s own issue, which I can work around but it is a bit of a pain. When I attempt to use the extension, I am prompted to log in. but when I try to do so, I get “Could not connect to the 1password app”. I have to log into the app, disable the extension and reenable it.

Why i

1Password Version: 7.10.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.5.1
Browser:_ Safari
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 safari ios unlock Could not connect to the 1password app

Comments

• kenocrates
    kenocrates
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot recall what my issue was with 1Password 8. I am trying it again.

• kenocrates
    kenocrates
    Community Member
    Options

Well, 1Password 8 is not filling username/password fields that 7 could.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @kenocrates! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble filling usernames and logins when using 1Password 8. As a first step, I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password 8:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select any other password manager listed here, including 1Password 7 if you see it.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

-Dave

• kenocrates
    kenocrates
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I verified those settings were already set. But, without any changes, the auto-fill was working. I will keep an eye on it.

Another issue I had with v8 has resurfaced: in v7 you could drag-n-drop from slide over.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@kenocrates

I'm happy to hear that AutoFill is working now. Let me know if that changes and I can help troubleshoot further.

Another issue I had with v8 has resurfaced: in v7 you could drag-n-drop from slide over.

Can you clarify this issue a little further? Are you trying to drag and drop the contents of a field from inside of the 1Password app into another app? Or are you trying to do something else? And are you using an iPad or an iPhone?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20173

• kenocrates
    kenocrates
    Community Member
    Options

iPad. iPhone does not have slide-over, so I do cannot check if it is the same there. I was trying to drag from a field in 1Password in slide-over mode to a field in safari. I can do it with 1Password7. In 8, I cannot drag a field.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@kenocrates

Thank you for clarifying. Our developers do have an internal work item open to investigate issues with drag and drop when using slide over and I've added your report there.

While I'm not able to provide any sort of forecast as to if or when we'll be able to resolve this issue, I can tell you that we're aware that it's something in need of fixing. I hope you can understand.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#17806

This discussion has been closed.