Unlock option missing on 1Password 8 Desktop App

Options
jkirby
jkirby
Community Member

When going to Settings-->Security on the app there is no configuration for Unlock. I want to unlock 1Password 8 with my Apple watch. I am using an iMac 27. This shows up on my other Macbook Pro and works fine

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.6.6
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:unlock option missing 1password 8

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @jkirby! 👋

I’m sorry to hear that you’re unable to unlock 1Password for Mac using your Apple Watch. Have you been able to use your Apple Watch to unlock 1Password on that Mac before? If you haven’t then please make sure that your Mac is on the list of supported Macs: https://support.1password.com/apple-watch-mac/#get-help

If your Mac is supported for Apple Watch unlock then are you able to unlock the Mac itself using your Apple Watch? I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• jkirby
    jkirby
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhh. My iMac27 is late 2015. That explains it

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jkirby

I'm sorry that your Mac isn't on the list. That would mean that your Mac doesn't include a hardware feature called the Secure Enclave. Unlocking 1Password using your Apple Watch requires a Mac with a Secure Enclave because the Secure Enclave offers additional security beyond what the macOS Keychain provides.

After you set up 1Password to unlock using your Apple Watch, 1Password saves an encrypted secret that represents your account password to disk and the key to decrypt it in the Secure Enclave. Only 1Password can ask to use the key and only the Secure Enclave can decrypt the secret.

Let me know if there's anything else that I can help with. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.