To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Shared password displayed truncated on iPhone (user typing the dots...)

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Memberships

Today I shared a long/strong password with an elder family member. I used 1Password's share function to generate a link that works for 1 hour for the specified email address only. This person could then indeed see the password on his iPhone, but was unable to log in using that password.

After some investigation I discovered that the 1Password webpage with the credentials shows the password truncated on an iPhone... Instead of the full password it only shows a portion of it, with three dots at the end! And tapping on the dots does not reveal the last part of the password...

I contacted my family member and learned that he typed the visible part of the password plus the three dots, because to him it looked like that was the actual password...

This is a serious bug! Please fix.

1Password Version: n/a
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: n/a
Browser:_ n/a

Comments

• Hi @XIII,

I'd be happy to look into this further; can you confirm how many characters the password that you had shared is?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

32+

• @XIII,

Can you confirm whether or not the same issue occurs when you create a test item? If so, I'd like to ask you to provide a Screenshot of this test item.

Can you also confirm that if you share the same item again, does that same issue occur?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

It also happens for a test item with this password:

ThisIsAVeryLongPassword;WillItBeAbbreviated?

It also happens the second time I share that password.

Screenshot:

This discussion has been closed.