Autofill setting for Chrome extension

Options
lmats808
lmats808
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I have the Chrome extension enabled on my Windows 10 computer. When I have it enabled, certain fields like the time **do not **save. I use an app where I message people and I enter the time of an appointment (i.e. 9:00am, 10:00am) in a field in the form. Normally, if the time was entered before, then it will show up in the field as I start typing it. When I disable the 1Password extension, the various times I've entered before will show up as I begin typing the time. Is there a setting for this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.12.0
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:When I have the extension for Chrome enabled certain fields that I enter often doesn't autofill

Comments

• Hey @lmats808,

It sounds like the field you are referring to might be being filled by your browsers built in password manager however when you have 1Password enabled it takes over as the default. You may be able to use both simultaneously using the below steps:

1. Right-click 1Password's icon in Chrome's toolbar and click Settings.
    2. Under "General" turn off the "make 1Password the default password manager" option.
    3. Paste the following into Chrome's address bar: chrome://settings/autofill
    4. Turn on the details you would like Chrome to fill.

Let us know how you get on.

• lmats808
    lmats808
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion. When you say 1Password icon in Chrome are you referring to the extension or do I have to actually log on to the 1Password site? I've looked in both places and I don't see settings in the extension. I do see settings in the 1Password website, but I don't see General.

• @lmats808,

I was referring to the 1Password extension you have in Chrome. Do you see a 1Password icon in your browser toolbar next to the address bar? Can you let me know what you see when you right click on it?

• lmats808
    lmats808
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again! I was able to change the settings and it looks like 1Password is doing what I need it to do. Thanks again!

• Thank you for the update @lmats808, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.