why do i have to enter master password every time I want a password and have to copy/p

Options
edward1234
edward1234
Community Member
edited June 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Seriously! I have been using 1password for years, and it was great. Now I have installed it on my Mac desktop and installed in on my logged-in browser, and still, every time I get to a password, the icon shows up asking me to click the browser, and I have to enter the master password every **** time. This is something new as I used to connect agree, and there was the password. Now I have to enter a password to get a password. It has so much friction as a useful product. I even googled alternatives to 1password this morning out of frustration with adding the master password for the 10th time. I did you onto settings and set it to 4h login in but still no change. This is a downgrade of the current service. Please look into this as the product is as good as looking up a password on an Excel now. Actually, that's precisely what it is like now... password, copy, user copy. Go... so frustrating. 1password is cheep and safe but friction friction friction.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: latest
Browser: chrome

Comments

• Hey @edward1234,

1Password in your browser should share the lock state of your 1Password desktop app. Just to confirm things are working as expected can you unlock your 1Password app and then open your browser and let me know if 1Password is locked or unlocked in your browser toolbar?

Can you also send me a screenshot of the auto lock settings you have changed so I an take a look?

Thank you in advance.

• edward1234
    edward1234
    Community Member
    Options

I looked into this subject deeply because for years 1P worked with zero friction. $2.99 out the bank and everything worked. Recently I have noticed Apple and Microsoft do not show 1P icons, banks don't show 1P icons. More annoying, random sites do not show up 1p icons meaning I realistically have to C/P each line about 40x a day. I use an Ap-M2 so have Bio but my editing Mac is Intel2020 so I am asked the Master Password 20x a F*** day. I think 1p is in trouble. MicS and Ap have their own systems and they don't really care about PW. Maybe they have now turned there attention to passwords and pushing out 1P. Going down the road I want an independant PW provider but one that works because if I have to C/P 2 lines every time then I may as well go "secure folder""Password Excel"...

• steph.giles
    edited June 2023
    Options

@edward1234

Thank you for getting back to me.

There is no reason why the 1Password logo wouldn't who on the sites you have listed. Can you share the URLs of the pages where you are not seeing the 1Password icon in the fields so I can take a look?

As for your Intel Mac, I would suggest lengthening the amount of time before your password is required, here's how: Manage auto-lock in the 1Password apps.

This discussion has been closed.