To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to create a 1Password account

Options
DHenderson
DHenderson
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Memberships

I am trying to upgrade from 1Password 7.5 to 1Password 8. I'm trying to migrate my account information. I'm a Mac user, OS Ventura 13.4.1. I know that I have to create an account in order for this migration to happen; every time I try to create an account, it says I already have an account created.

There's no login page for this account.
I don't have a Secret Key.
I don't have an Emergency Kit.
If I don't migrate my information when I install 1Password 8, I'll apparently NEVER BE ABLE TO MIGRATE IT.

How do I access this nefarious existing account (that I don't remember creating)? Why am I stuck in this crazy loop? This upgrade is so clumsy that I may have to stop using the service altogether--I've already lost HOURS trying to upgrade what used to be a simple app. I'll give this one more chance if anyone can offer help here.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Blake
    Options

It sounds to me like you might've created a 1Password Account at some point in the past (maybe as a trial?) and now you're being expected to log into that account again.

If you don't remember the login details for that account, though, it's no problem! Follow the steps in this guide to delete that inaccessible account: https://support.1password.com/delete-account/#get-help

Once you've done that, you can spin up a brand-new account and you should be all set. Let me know if that helps at all! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.