Firefox extension doesn't update

Options

Does Firefox ever update 1Password to a version later than what they state at https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/1password-x-password-manager ? That page says version 2.11.0 May 30 which is what I've had since June 20. Before that, I had 2.10.0 April 18 since April 28. The latest is 2.12.0 June 21. In Firefox about:addons, I just now clicked [check for updates]; it says "no updates found". Who controls the version to which Firefox will update? I've had 1Password since December 9, and the latest for Windows 8.10.8 since June 29.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.11.0
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• jFred
    jFred
    Community Member
    Options

Blame Firefox. 1Password submits the extension to the Firefox extension store. At that point, it’s up to the Firefox team to approve and publish. The Firefox team seems to take a LONG time to approve and publish extensions. I have the same issue with other extensions as well. Google and Microsoft appear to be much quicker to approve and publish extensions in their respective stores.

• Hi @david9 ,

Sorry for any confusion. Each extension store has its own submission process, so we're unable to time releases to come out at the same time. This is why you're seeing a different version available for Firefox. To keep the 1Password extension up to date in Firefox and ensure the latest updates when available, you can use the steps in the following guide:

Let us know if you have any questions.

• david9
    david9
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both for the information. Maybe only Mozilla can answer the question I posed: Will automatic & manual checks for extension updates ever find any if I already have the version stated on that web page, currently 2.11.0 May 30? Or is the version stated on that page set by the same process that makes that version available for updates.

• Hey @david9,

I apologise if I have misunderstood your question. The version number listed on the page on the add on store will be the latest version that is available in your browser.

I hope this helps!

• david9
    david9
    Community Member
    Options

A newer 1P extension version became available at addons.mozilla.org which still had 2.11.0 (May 30) until early this morning when it changed to 2.13.0 (July 19), skipping 2.12.0 (June 21). 1P in my Firefox updated automatically this evening. Hopefully future updates will be more timely.

• Apologies for those hiccups @david9 Here's looking to a better update experience.

• david9
    david9
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Pasword Firefox extension version at addons.mozilla.org changed this morning from 2.13.0 (July 19) to 2.14.1 (Aug 22), skipping 2.14.0 (Aug 16). 1P in my Firefox updated automatically 30 minutes ago. So I had an old 1P version for 9 days. That's much better than 37 days for the previous update. I wish I knew Mozilla's reasons for delays.

• @david9

2.14.1 was a fix for a know issue encountered on 2.14.0. I'm glad to hear you are using 2.14.1.

This discussion has been closed.