Find all passwords under a specific user

Options
sleahy
sleahy
Community Member
edited July 2023 in Business and Teams

I have a user that I can see via the admin portal has 745 passwords. I believe those need to be audited and would like to give him a report of the passwords and vaults they are in. The usage report only shows a few passwords accessed in the last year. How can I see all of the passwords regardless of when they were last accessed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @sleahy,

I'm Scott on the 1Password support team. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for asking about using Usage reports in 1Password Business. It's my pleasure to discuss this with you today.

Based on the scenario you've shared, there are a few possible explanations:

• The user hasn't accessed other items in the last 12 months. Any data from before then is not retained by 1Password, but you can use our Events API to export new activity data to an SIEM tool for historical record keeping beyond one year. For details, see our support article: Get started with 1Password Events Reporting
    • The user has access to 745 passwords, but has not viewed or interacted with most of them in the last year. Items they have not accessed in any way will not appear in the report.
    • Your permissions within the 1Password account and/or the vaults that contain the items you wish to report on may not be sufficient to see information about items in that vault. For example, it's not currently possible to report on usage or activity in a users private vault.
    • If the user is using a very outdated version of 1Password, it may not report usage data to our servers.

If you'd like to investigate this in more depth with our team, please send an email to BusinessSupport@1Password.com. Include a link to this community post, and the email address of the team member you are trying to report on. Working through the support ticket, our team may be able to access account specific information and help you better understand what is happening, or any steps you can take to achieve your goal.

For the security and privacy of any 1Password account you may have, don't post these confidential details here on our community forum, as everything you post is publicly viewable.

I hope this information helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any further questions!

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.