Latest Android Beta release puts autofill prompt in too many fields

Options
mrwittwer
mrwittwer
Community Member

I just updated the 1password Android app to the latest beta version 8.10.9-12 beta and now the autofill pop-up is showing on way too many text fields. For example in the compose field of a messaging application or when captioning a Snapchat photo. This is happening on a Samsung Galaxy Flip4 running Android 13

1Password Version: 8.10.9-12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• mrwittwer
    mrwittwer
    Community Member
    Options

Downgraded to 8.10.8 and that fixed the issue.

• Hi @mrwittwer, thanks for writing in and reporting this behavior.

What you've described is a known issue and should be fixed in upcoming beta releases. As you noted, the issue is not present in production, so switching back should resolve the issue. Thanks again!

ref: !18292

• mrwittwer
    mrwittwer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_timothy thanks! I'll check on later updates then. Is there any place to read existing known issues as well as detailed changelogs for news releases?

• GreyM1P
    Options

@mrwittwer

You can see all of our release notes (and corresponding issue numbers for bug fixes) on the 1Password Releases blog:

1Password Releases

• mrwittwer
    mrwittwer
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P thanks! That’s super helpful. Is there also a repository of known issues?

• GreyM1P
    Options

@mrwittwer – We don't maintain a public issue tracker but we mention the specific issue numbers that relate to each line of the release notes, so if you're working with 1Password Support on a known issue, we can tell you that issue number, and you can keep an eye out for it in the release notes. As an example, the line shown below reports that issue number #21493 was fixed:

In this case, I can tell you that you were experiencing issue number #22596, so check the release notes when 1Password updates to see if it's mentioned.

• mrwittwer
    mrwittwer
    Community Member
    Options

That totally makes sense. Thanks!

• GreyM1P
    Options

@mrwittwer – You're welcome! :)

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Recently 1P has started showing the "Open 1 Password" prompt for many non-password fields. For instance, it did that for the field where I'm typing this message. This is new.

Is there a setting that will show it where it's appropriate, but a little more selectively?

1Password Version: 8.10.9 beta
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Chrome

• Hi @lesster, thanks for writing in.

What you've described is a known issue with the current beta. The development team is aware of the issue and working to release a fix. This behavior should not occur with the current production version, so switching to production can help if this has hindered your workflow. You can find steps to switch to production in our guide: Use 1Password beta releases.

Let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything we can help with.

• RS915
    RS915
    Community Member
    Options

I just downloaded the update to Beta version 8.10.9 and this autofill bug is fixed. Thank you!

• Thanks for the update @RS915!

A fix was included with the recent beta, I'm glad to hear it's working for you.

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

That fix seems to work, thank you, but now 1P doesn't let me log in w my fingerprint, have to enter my password every time.

Are other people seeing this, or is it a known issue?

• lesster
    lesster
    Community Member
    Options

Turns out that biometric unlock got disabled somehow. Turned it back on and I'm good.

• Hi @lesster, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you're back up and running with Biometric unlock.

This discussion has been closed.