Android Blackview BL500

Options
aleon1220
aleon1220
Community Member

referring to https://1password.community/discussion/comment/645673#Comment_645673

@ag_timothy I tried the following in a 1Password 8 android app (beta tester enabled)
1. uninstalled 1Password
2. Disabled Google chrome
3. reboot the android device
4. reinstalled 1Password and enabled google chrome
5. login to 1Pass
6. test
7. results

Results
I can see that there are some issues with this blackview phone. I was also getting issues with playing MP4 videos. I tested changing settings in the Autofill and accessibility features.
The app 1Password is working again in Edge Browser and Chrome. I suspect that if it breaks again is due to issues with Blackview but not with 1Password.

My question Is there a way to enable advance mode in 1Password to restart the app itself and is there a way to reboot some android services such as accessibility, autofill and the browser itself?

Even rebooting my phone shows up errors.

ps. Blackview is crappy. I dont recommend that company

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @aleon1220, thanks for following up with me.

My question Is there a way to enable advance mode in 1Password to restart the app itself

There is not a specific option to restart 1Password. If you're seeing some unexpected it can help to remove the app from Recents then re-open before trying other troubleshooting. To open Recents you can tap the square button on the bottom of your screen (sometimes three vertical lines), or use a short swipe up motion from the bottom of the device's homescreen. You can then swipe up on the 1Password app window or tap an "x" button if available.

is there a way to reboot some android services such as accessibility, autofill and the browser itself?

1Password for Android is no longer using the accessibility service for filling so rebooting that service shouldn't be required for interactions between 1Password and other apps.

To reset Autofill you can set "None" as your Autofill service then reselect 1Password.

For browsers and other apps, you can force stop the app from its app info page in device setting, then remove the app from Recents and re-open.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

• aleon1220
    aleon1220
    Community Member
    Options

thank you for your reply. There is definitely an issue with my Blackview phone. Next year i will need to be changing phones.
    thanks
    God bless

• Happy to help @aleon1220!

My apologies for the delay in following up. If there's anything else we can help with just let me know!

• aleon1220
    aleon1220
    Community Member
    Options

all good. Advise to users: dont get a blackview phone ever

• Thanks for the review aleon1220 😂. I'm sorry your experience with the device has been subpar! Here's hoping for a new phone for you in the not-so-distant future.

This discussion has been closed.