Feature Request: Additional advanced password generator

Options
ilovescifi
ilovescifi
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello, I hope this hasn't been requested before. I can understand that the current password generator, in its simplicity, is optimal for most people. However, I believe there are quite a few technically affin people using 1Password who would appreciate having an optional, more complex password generator.
For example, it would be helpful if the generator allowed the exclusion of certain characters, as many of the sites I use have limitations on the types of characters allowed. This limitation often makes the built-in generator tedious to use. As a result, I have frequently resorted to using a different generator whenever I encounter such a requirement.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @ilovescifi,

If you have 1Password set to 'Smart Passwords' it will try to suggest passwords based on the requirements of the website you are on.

You have the ability to amend the password suggestions from within the password generator. Here's how:

1. Click on the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and unlock 1Password
    2. Click on the round menu next to the search bar and choose 'Password Generator'

Within here you can set the type and length and also have some control over the characters that are used.

I hope this helps, if there are specific websites you are having difficulty generating passwords for please let us know and we can take a look.

Thank you!

• ilovescifi
    ilovescifi
    Community Member
    Options

ok, thank you for the reply.

• You're welcome @ilovescifi, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.