1P in browser slow to react.

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Not sure where to place this, so please move, if necessary.

I run the nightly issue and have noticed since about one month ago that there is a distinct time lag between unlocking the main app and the browser registering that the app is unlocked. I have some apps that require log-in listed on my browser Favorites Bar. I unlock the main desktop app and then click on the app in the favorites bar. Nothing fills and the 1P icon for the browser says it is locked: but it is not. Eventually the browser agrees that 1P is unlocked but it then fails to fill anything. I can see the icon in the User name field but when I click on it nothing happens. My workaround is to go to the website in my main desktop app and click sign up in that. A bore.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.12
OS Version: Win 10
Browser: Edge

Comments

• Hi @Andrew42,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with 1Password connecting to your desktop app. Can you let me know if this is still the case if you follow the steps below to reset the connection:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Disable the setting that says 'Integrate with 1Password app'
    3. Restart both your browser and your 1Password app
    4. Re enable the integration setting

Now test to see if 1Password in your browser is unlocked when you unlock your 1Password app.

Let me know how you get on.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thank you. I followed your instructions and things are definitely better There is still a quite noticeable lag between unlocking the desktop app and that fact being recognised by the browser icon. My browser icon has three stages: the icon with a padlock, a pale blue icon without a padlock and the full blown browser icon with concentric circles, the inner one being a more prominent blue. This last version is the one that tells me the browser icon is fully operational. The intermediate version doesn't work.

• Hi @Andrew42,

Thank you for getting back to me. I think it would be useful if the team could investigate the lag you are seeing further. Can you send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I have done as you requested.

The bot reference is [#KVG-47425-434]

Whether the console log shows it or not, the delay in the browser icon takes at least half a minute to react to my entering my password in the desk top app. Sometimes I have to click the browser icon to get it to respond.

Thanks for your help.

• @Andrew42

I appreciate you sending that report in. One of my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible.

ref: KVG-47425-434

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

This is actually getting worse. Today I unlocked on the app but the browser icon continued to say it was locked and therefore the boxes did not fill. Then when I tried to enter my password again I got en error message that I was trying too often to log in!!

• I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble @Andrew42, I see my colleague has been in touch.

Let's continue this discussion over email.

This discussion has been closed.