Can I turn Autofill off for a specific website?

Options
jprovasnik360
jprovasnik360
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Autofill is useful, but there is one work website in which I will never use it and I never want to accidentally use it there either -- is it possible to disable the auto fill for a specific website/domaine?

For example, everytime I edit a "Name" field in my work website, I get that autofill icon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jprovasnik360,

Currently it is not possibly to prevent 1Password form appearing on a specific page. On these fields on this page, does 1Password display an inline menu suggestion that you are worried you may select beneath the field or is it only the 1Password icon in the field?

• jprovasnik360
    jprovasnik360
    Community Member
    Options

It shows up as an Icon, which I understand is not invasive. But... ideally, I'd like it off for the entire website -- I manage our school's LMS and with a staff of about 80 teachers who will be introduced to 1Password next year, everyone who edits a lesson or course page will begin to see this icon in the Name fields on any page they are editing. While testing it out, I do see that you have to click the icon and then click something from the little popup box, so that helps make it more "intentional", but I also noticed there is no "undo" option when you select something to autofill -- it overwrites what was there so my worry is someone will not notice or will not know what text was there to begin with.

Basically, there will never be an instance where anyone will need to autofill anything into our LMS (and we SSO to log into it). Some staff use browser tools like Grammrly and I am concerned that if they click the wrong icon/popup, that they'll begin to overwrite lesson and course titles. So I was hoping there was a way to disallow an entire domain from the autofill feature.

• Hey @jprovasnik360,

I can see where you are coming from, I have passed your use case on to our product team to consider allowing users to prevent 1Password from appearing on an entire domain in a future update.

As for preventing anyone having access in this scenario, I would recommend locking 1Password in your browser when you are not using it. That way the worse case is someone will click the icon and be prompted to unlock. You can do this by either right clicking the icon and choose lock or using the shortcut CTRL+L or CMD+L. In addition, you could also set your 1Password to auto lock when you are not using it, here's how: How to set 1Password to lock automatically.

I hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions.

ref: PB34298901

This discussion has been closed.