ctrl+alt does sometimes not reveal the password

Options
finwe
finwe
Community Member

Re-enabling the option in settings makes it work again.

1Password Version: 8.10.9-29
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser: n/a

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @finwe! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble revealing passwords. I can reproduce the issue myself and our developers are already tracking the bug in an internal work item. I've added your report there and hopefully we can get this fixed in a future update.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22935

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Just came here to report the same thing happens on the Mac version. Even though "Hold Option to toggle revealed fields" is checked, it randomly just stops working and I have to toggle that checkbox to get it to work again. It's been happening for quite some time now (6 weeks or more)

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

Thanks for the report @snozdop I've added your instance to our tracker. Nice to see you again, BTW.

ref: dev/core/core#22935

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I guess it's good that I haven't been here so much recently - it means I haven't had any 1Password issues to report!

• That's a good thing. :) It's always a pleasure to talk with you.

• RMPitcher
    RMPitcher
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this problem on Windows. It's been happening for a number of updates. Glad to hear it's been picked up and a fix is on the way.

• Noted RPMitcher. Thanks for the +1

• @finwe, @snozdop, and @RMPitcher

1Password version 8.10.16 now includes a fix for the issue that could prevent the “Hold key to toggle revealed fields” option from working properly after 1Password was closed and reopened.

You can find instructions on how to update here: How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you again for reporting the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• RMPitcher
    RMPitcher
    Community Member
    Options

All working again. Thanks for the fix!

• Glad to hear it RMPitcher. You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.