"set up an email app"

Options
47beideman
47beideman
Community Member

I'm attempting to send a diagnostic report on a couple "unable to sync off line items" problems. When I try to send I get the setup an email app.

I have an email app set up on the iPad. What's the issue?

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.5.1
Browser: safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @47beideman! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble generating the diagnostics report. Do you have your email account setup in the Apple Mail app on your iPad? 1Password 8 uses the Apple Mail app (not a third-party mail app) to send the diagnostics report.

Can you setup your email account in Apple's Mail app on your iPad and then try to generate a diagnostics report again: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)

-Dave

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

Is this really a requirement? Must use Apple mail to send a diag report.

• @47beideman

Yes, it's needed at this time. Alternative mail applications are something we're had feature requests for. Would you mind sharing your email client so I can add it to a request on your behalf?

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

I've used a gmail account to send the diagnostic report.

• @47beideman

Did you receive a support id? I'd like to connect the dots behind the scenes. If so, please share it with me. Thanks.

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

This it: #DJJ-48145-317

• Thanks

ref: DJJ-48145-317

• 47beideman
    47beideman
    Community Member
    Options

What's going on with my initial problem of "unable of sync off line items'?

• @47beideman

Thank you for following up. I see that my colleague sent you a reply via email on Monday July 24th, did you receive that email? If you didn't then can you check your Spam/Junk folder to see if it might have landed there?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.