Team Member & Owner visibility of shared vaults and groups

Options
aledesma
aledesma
Community Member

I recently implemented 1Password Business in my organization, which consists of around 30 employees. Some of our Team Members had a couple of questions regarding the account:

1. How can Team Members see a comprehensive list of individuals with whom a vault is shared if they are not the manager of the vault or group?

Currently, the 1Password for Teams web interface displays icons and names of users with whom a vault is shared. However, if the vault is shared with a team, team members can only see the team name icon. If they are not the manager of the team, they cannot view the individual team members.

2. Is it possible to access vault details, such as the list of users with access to the vault, from the "View your vault items" page on 1password.com?

It seems that only the contents of the vault are visible on this page, with the vault name being displayed at the top.

In addition, for account Owners:

3. Is there a way for Owners to see a consolidated view of all shared vaults?

We recently switched from LastPass to 1Password. In our LastPass account, Super Admins could see all shared folders and their contents. Is there a way for 1Password Owners to view or organize the Vaults page in their account to exclusively show shared vaults?

Comments

• ag_max
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @aledesma,

That's good to hear you've made the switch to 1Password Business. Happy to answer your questions.

How can Team Members see a comprehensive list of individuals with whom a vault is shared if they are not the manager of the vault or group?

The icons you described are the only way for a team member to view who has access to the vault for both 1Password.com and the 1Password apps. The list of groups and individuals assigned access won't be available in any other format for individual team members. Only Owners, administrators, those with the necessary custom group permissions and the Manage vault permission will be able to find a comprehensive list of vault membership.

Is it possible to access vault details, such as the list of users with access to the vault, from the "View your vault items" page on 1password.com?

The "View your vault items" button is available to owners and administrators, though regular team members won't see it in their interface. This opens the item view and is not related to vault management.

Is there a way for Owners to see a consolidated view of all shared vaults?

Any account owner can view a list of all shared vaults on the 1Password.com web interface. After signing in, click Vaults in the sidebar. All shared vaults will be present in the list. Administrators will also have this view, and any vault where the Administrators group has the Manage permission will be displayed. There isn't a way to reorganize the listing or presentation of these vaults.

I'd be happy to pass this on as a feature request to the team internally. If you can provide some additional information about what you'd like to see, that will be helpful in better understanding and addressing your use case.

• aledesma
    aledesma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_max,

Thank you for the information! I would appreciate if you could pass on a few feature requests:

1. A feature where Team Members can easily view the list of members for all groups, or at least for the groups they are part of. This way, when they add something to the group's vault or share a vault/password with a group, they will be fully aware of who has access to the information they are sharing. I think there are a few ways this could happen:

a. When sharing a vault with a group from the Share page, the member initials or names could appear in place of the "# people" subtitle.

b. In the 1Password app or 1Password.com dashboard, when hovering over a team icon, it could display the initials or names of the individuals in the group under the group name.

c. On the 1Password.com item view page, it could show icons or names of users with whom a vault is shared in the top bar.

2. Add an extra "Shared" filter on the vaults page for Owners. This filter would be located alongside the existing "All" and "My vaults" filters. Its purpose would be to display only those vaults that multiple people have access to. In other words, it would exclude any non-private vaults that Team Members have created for their personal use. By having this filter, Owners could gain a better understanding of the information that is being shared across the company.

I hope these suggestions are clear and helpful. Please let me know if you need any further clarification!

• ag_max
    Options

@aledesma,

Thanks for including your detailed requests. I'll work on filing these internally very soon. If our team can be of any help going forward, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.