Feedback: macOS ventura + Safari: No passkey prompt when signing in

Options
pollack
pollack
Community Member

Hello,
I'm using M2 macbook air (Ventura 13.4.1) created my passkey temp account via ios TestFlight (8.10.9-45).

I was able to log into 1password.com on chrome with passkey QR.

I wanted to test accessing the passkey directly from iCloud KeyChain. I verified the Keychain has the passkey.

using safari, i went to 1password.com, signin, entered the temp account, clicked "Sign in with passkey". then the icon continuously spins. No prompts, just spins

1Password Version: 8.10.9-45
Extension Version: 21300102 (2.13.1 beta)
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: safari

Comments

• pollack
    pollack
    Community Member
    Options

screen shot of the spinny

• Hey @pollack thank you for the report! Would you mind reproducing the issue and then using this guide to capture the Safari console logs https://support.1password.com/cs/browser-console/ ? Once you've captured those logs, please email them to support+passkeys@agilebits.com and include a link to this forum post.

Also, would you mind including the version of the 1Password Safari extension you're using as well? You can find that by clicking on the extension icon in the toolbar and then selecting Settings > About.

• pollack
    pollack
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

@robert.m_1P awkward, it works now. I did everything the same. There must have been an update since I tried it yesterday.

I will revisit your instructions if it happens again.

• Hi @pollack

Glad to hear this issue seems to have fixed itself since you reported this to us initially. If it does happen again, sending through the Safari console logs and a link to this forum post to support+passkeys@agilebits.com will help us get this in front of the team to investigate further :)

This discussion has been closed.