Beta 1P on iOS 17 public beta keyboard autofill issues

Options
kaerez
kaerez
Community Member
edited July 2023 in iOS
  1. When going to sites with or without stored 1P credentials, 1P doesn't show in the keyboard and no key icon is presented.
    Sample site to test: https://signin.aws.amazon.com/signin

OS password configuration (Settings -> Passwords -> Password Options) is configured as follows:
[x] AutoFill Passwords and Passkeys
Use passwords and passkeys from: only 1P is selected
[x] Verification codes - Clean up automatically
Set up verification codes using: only 1P is selected

1. If you play around on various sites and succeed in getting the key icon, when not having credentials in 1P, after clicking on the search bar or the "+" icon to create a new entry, the app crashes and you're returned to the browser.

2. If you also select "iCloud Passwords & Keychain" under "Use passwords and passkeys from" (above), a race condition prevents and use of 1P and the app the browser app may freeze

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 17.0 (21A5277j)
Browser: Chrome GA

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

@kaerez

Are you on our beta or the production version? Looking at the version number I am thinking beta but wanted to check and make sure. I am unable to reproduce your results. Are there any other consideration you can think of? I am on the public beta if that happens to be a difference. That said, I am having some other oddities with the iOS beta that only started a day or so ago. But that's another discussion in itself. :)

• kaerez
    kaerez
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy , yeah beta version.
    Would be happy to provide anything else that may help.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

@kaerez

Thanks for the offer. Keep on the look out. We'll gladly take any feedback you have to offer.

Question. I was somewhat able to reproduce your report just now. I opened the sign in page like normal and was presented with the key icon and suggestions. I then went back to verify my settings matched yours. Upon returning to the sign in page the suggestions and the key icon disappeared. Tapping in the password field will cause them to reappear.

My feeling is this is an OS bug because we rely on the OS to perform password autofill. If they are having trouble it's likely that we will appear to be too.

This discussion has been closed.