"Sign in with" keeps asking to sign in even after I am signed in

Options

Comments

• NoSync
    NoSync
    Community Member
    Options

Happens to me all the time with a lot of websites (Checkly, ChatGPT for example).

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

@NoSync

I split your conversation into a new topic as the existing one was for a much earlier version of 1Password in the browser. Which browser are you using and which version of the extension?

• NoSync
    NoSync
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome 115 and Arc, both with the latest stable extension and with the beta.

• @NoSync

Is this on all sites or specific sites. It may be we need to do some work on the specific site details on 1Password. Please let me know which sites and I can get something filed and before the team.

• NoSync
    NoSync
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy only on some websites - in the next days I'll take note of where it happens specifically and report back here.

• Thanks @NoSync, once we have specific site details we can report these to our development team.

• NoSync
    NoSync
    Community Member
    Options

I'll report more as they come by - so far the first two are easydmarc.com and trackingtime.co

• Hey @NoSync,

I have done some testing on easydmarc.com and I'm having the opposite problem whereby after using Google to sign in and saving this in 1Password I'm struggling to get the prompt to show at all. Have you already hit 'Save item' on the sign in with prompt or have you not saved it in your 1Password but 1Password keeps asking to save it? Are you seeing the prompt on particular pages on this site?

As for trackingtime.co I had a hard time saving the prompt as it vanished as the page loaded but once I had saved it I was able to make it re appear as you have described if I visit the subscriptions page. Is this similar to the behaviour you have seen? Again can you let me know if you have saved the item in your 1Password or is 1Password constantly offering to save it?

Any detail you can provide me on the steps you are taking on these websites will help me to provide specifics to our development team who can look to improve the behaviour.

Thank you in advance!

• NoSync
    NoSync
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles, I honestly don't remember my experience saving the items back then, but I don't think I had any problems at all with that. My issue is that, with the items already saved and working, I'm randomly asked to login again with Google while I'm using those websites, while being already logged in correctly. It happens equally whether I do actually sign in with Google, or with traditional user/pass.

Another website I stumbled upon where the same behaviour is shown is checklyhq.com.

It's hard to track the steps to reproduce the issue tbh - it seems to happen randomly, not on specific pages, and not all the time. On TrackingTime, though, it seems to be more consistent: on the first visit of the day, while being already logged in, the popup to sign in will show on the initial page, regardless of which it is. It will happen again randomly through the day as well, though.

• NoSync
    NoSync
    Community Member
    Options

One more: hubspot.com

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    Options

teslamotorsclub.com

super annoying - every page load.

• rco
    rco
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there, I am also having issues with this on portal.azure.com. Prompts every page reload.
    I am using the beta extension version 2.14.2 on Edge version 115.0.1901.203

• Bofinkk
    Bofinkk
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I also have this issue when using some M365 applications (Edge on Windows11). Excel is the worst one where the promt gets stuck and I can't use the "X" to close it (Usually solved with a page reload).

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any progress on this? It's super annoying and basically means I have to disable my "Sign in with" on almost every site I use it.

• NoSync
    NoSync
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, issue still there. Any updates?

• limex
    limex
    Community Member
    edited March 17
    Options

Same with me. on https://greasyfork.org with google login.

Also the "Sign In" Button in the Popup is greyed out. So: probably 1pwd "knows" that I am signed in with google already, but give the popup anyway.
    Please fix. this is very annoying to get the popup on every page visit.