Double unlock browser extension - fingerprint and then password

Options

Sometime over the past 2-3 weeks, the browser extension has been requiring double unlock (fingerprint and then password) to unlock it. I linked Sidekick in the 1Password app, uninstalled the browser extension and re-installed but still no luck in allowing fingerprint unlock only.

Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Scooby2

1Password Version: 8.10.10 (81010004)
Extension Version: 2.13.1
OS Version: macOS 14.0
Browser: Sidekick

Comments

• Hey @scooby2,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having, it sounds like 1Password in your browser is having a hard time connecting with your 1Password app.

Can you let me know if you have 1Password installed in any other browsers and if you are seeing the same behaviour here?

Can you also give these steps a try and let me know if it improves things are all:

1. Right click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select "Quit".
    2. Quit your browser by right clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting "Quit".
    3. Open and unlock 1Password.
    4. Open your browser and test if it is working properly.

Let us know how you get on.

• scooby2
    scooby2
    Community Member
    Options

I've tried all that numerous times now. I have updated to the nightly extension but no difference when running nightly extension+nightly app. Are there any logs that can be looked at? I see some messages about xpc connections in Mac console.

• Hey @scooby2,

I'm sorry for the ongoing trouble.

I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• scooby2
    scooby2
    Community Member
    Options

Files sent and my support ID is #XRY-56911-854

• Thank you @scooby2, I have located your ticket and I see a member of the team has been in touch.

ref: XRY-56911-854

This discussion has been closed.