Feature Request - Bi-directional linking for "related items"

Options
apresley
apresley
Community Member

Say I have 2 vault items: a secure note named "XYZ website information" and a login named "XYZ website". I add the login as a related item to "XYZ website information". When looking at the login for "XYZ website", there's no related items entries. I have to add the two items to each other separately.

Having the other entry update automatically when added to another item's related items list would eliminate the need to update each item individually.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

I try to consolidate such items into a single item. In your case, I move the information from the secure note to custom fields in the login item, then remove the secure note item. You can also move file attaches this way.
    "Move" means you manually copy+paste the content field by field from the secure note to the login item - there is no automated way to merge items in the 1Password client. And you need to download any files, then upload as attach again in the new item.

The only secure notes I have are items that have no connection to a login at all. Everything else is added as custom fields to their login item.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hey @apresley

I'd be happy to file that request with the team for further consideration. You could also follow Tertius3's suggestion if it fits your needs. I've taken both approaches in the past. I can see how this would benefit you.

ref: PB-34438925

This discussion has been closed.