To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to access my Emergency Kit - how to generate new one?

Options
bilt23
bilt23
Community Member
edited July 2023 in Memberships

Hello 1password, I am unable access to my emergency kit as I have password protected it as a zip file, when I first downloaded it years ago. Unfortunately,I no longer remember this password and therefore can't access my emergency kit.

I still know master password to my account, is there way 1password team can generate new secret key?

Thank you in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 11
Browser: firefox

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

is there way 1password team can generate new secret key?

You should be able to do that yourself; see the yellow box on this page:

https://support.1password.com/change-account-password/

• bilt23
    bilt23
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot generate it, I need to log in again with secret key

• GreyM1P
    Options

@bilt23

Are you still signed in to 1Password on any of your devices? If so, you can find your Secret Key there:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Then, when you have your email address, Secret Key, and account password, you'll be able to sign into 1Password.com and download a new Emergency Kit from the My Profile section. Here's a direct link to that: https://start.1password.com/profile/

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

— Grey

• bilt23
    bilt23
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P

Unfortunately, I am not signed in to any of my other devices.

• GreyM1P
    Options

@bilt23

If you aren't signed in on any of your devices, can't decrypt your Emergency Kit, and don't have anyone who could recover your access (if you're using 1Password at work or 1Password Families), then you can send us an email at support@1password.com for advice, but you should be prepared for the fact that you likely will not be able to access your 1Password account.

Only you can regenerate your Secret Key or change your account password, and 1Password can't recover your access for you, since we don't hold any keys to your data.

Our team will be able to advise you by email on what you can do. Chances are that you will need to start over with a new 1Password account if you don't have your sign-in details. They will be able to guide you, so I'd recommend sending them an email to continue this thread with them. Include a link to this post in your email, and your username, so that you don't need to repeat yourself to them.

If you have any general (non-account-specific) questions, I'll be able to help here.

• bilt23
    bilt23
    Community Member
    Options

@GreyM1P

I have already sent support email to 1password team. I still know my master password and email sign-in information, could 1password team generate new secret key ?

• GreyM1P
    Options

@bilt23

Only you can regenerate your Secret Key or change your account password, and 1Password can't recover your access for you, since we don't hold any keys to your data.

Since you've emailed the team already, you should continue the conversation with them, so I'll close this thread to avoid duplicate answers.

This discussion has been closed.