1P seems to be preventing macOS from filling in 1-time keys during login

Options
rcornish
rcornish
Community Member
edited July 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

On some sites (specifically, https://secure.ssa.gov/, but also others) after entering my username and password with 1P, I'm asked to fill in a one-time key that is texted to me. It seems like 1P is trying to take over that field and fill in my password again (not the info requested by the site) and preventing macOS from filling in the code I am texted. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: 12.6.7
Browser: Safari 16.5.1

Comments

• Hey @rcornish,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having filling the one time password on this website. 1Password will appear in the field because it has the ability to fill these fields for you. Here's how you can use 1Password to fill OTP fields: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication.

Alternatively, you could try these steps to see if you are then able to use 1Password to fill the credentials alongside your Mac filling the OTP:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose 'Settings'
    2. Disable 'Make 1Password the default password manager.

Let us know how you get on.

• rcornish
    rcornish
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi Steph......
    Thanks for the reply. The SS website does not offer a QR code, so I tried the alternative solution. For whatever reason, Safari still doesn't populate the field for the one-time code when a text message arrives, like it does for other sites. If I click into the field after the text message arrives, I get a 1P dialog asking if I want to enter my password (same issue, though less insistent this way).

Thanks for trying.

This discussion has been closed.