Any alternative for quick login to 1P app?

Options
airlie
airlie
Community Member

I'm trying to make using 1Password as simple and easy as possible for my wife. Unfortunately her fingerprints are so faint, fingerprint readers can rarely recognize them.

Since she only needs to look up a password once or twice a day (if that), she winds up having to enter a long complex password on her phone to unlock 1P EVERY TIME she uses it, in order to avoid entering a long complex password in whatever app.

The obvious solution is to use weaker passwords and / or the same password in multiple places. I want to avoid making that a tempting option for her.

Give me some options to make unlocking the app on our phones simpler and quicker. A pin, or the last 4 of your password seem like good options.

For me the risk of our phones falling into malicious hands is not a significant concern. Let me make my own risk decisions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @airlie, thanks for writing in!

We recently added a Device unlock option to 1Password for Android. With Device unlock on, you can use the unlock method used to unlock your device, to unlock 1Password. This can include PIN, pattern and, password options.

To enable Device unlock:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. Under Unlock, select Device
    5. Tap back then close the Settings menu.
    6. Tap the account or collection icon > Lock.
    7. Enter your account password and unlock 1Password to finish Device unlock setup.

After the last step you can use Device unlock to unlock 1Password. It is still important to remember your account password as there are some circumstances where your password can be required. It may be helpful to set "Require password" to 2 weeks or 30 days to help with this.

If you don't see a Device unlock option you can check for any updates to 1Password in the Google Play Store app.

• airlie
    airlie
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

I set it up for my wife, we'll see how it goes.

• You're very welcome! Let us know if there's anything we can help with.

This discussion has been closed.