Idle locking and git fetch requests

Options
Stanzilla
Stanzilla
Community Member
edited August 2023 in SSH

So I'm using 1P on Windows and macOS, both with the same Git client that does background fetch requests on a timer. On Windows, that works fine but on macOS 1P always locks itself when I haven not touched it a while (idle timeout).

So now my question is, is there a difference on how idle is detected on Win vs Mac? On Windows it seems to only trigger idle timeout when I'm actually not at the PC. On the Mac it feels like I have to interact with 1P itself so it does not go idle.

The underlying issue is that I keep getting unlock prompts on the Mac because of those background git fetch requests, which is pretty annoying.

1Password Version: 8.10.10
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.5
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Stanzilla

The auto-lock timer in 1Password for Mac should not start until you start using another app on your Mac and leave your Mac idle for the auto-lock duration (by default 10 minutes). If you change your auto-lock settings in 1Password to lock after longer amount of time, could you let me know if that improves your experience with using 1Password and Git?

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your accounts or collection in the top left then click Settings.
    3. Click Security, then change your "Lock after the computer is idle for" setting to your preferred duration.
  • Stanzilla
    Stanzilla
    Community Member
    Options

@jac.pd_1p I get that but I think it might be different on Windows. There it only goes idle if the system itself is idle, as an example, if I watch a movie on Windows it does not go idle, if I watch a movie on Mac, it does go idle.

• Prompts for SSH requests made by background apps should not be shown by default. Which Git client are you using?

This discussion has been closed.