Support for additional Browsers

Options

I have been a 1password paid user from past 2 years. Ever since switching from Bitwarden, there is really nothing that i didn't liked, pretty steady development with very good features and great community. The only major setback for me is the limited and very stringent support for web browsers (Atleast on Android and Windows for me). Bitwarden was very quick & flexible in this aspect, supported quite many browsers. I don't know why 1password can't get this thing sorted since so many years. I use Kiwi Browser on Android and Ungoogled Chromium on Windows. Both are open source browsers and one of the best for their respective platforms. Many people use them, more so the privacy enthusiasts. If 1password can support proprietary browsers like Chrome and Edge, then why not these browsers which are apparently much more privacy oriented and ( unarguably ) better as well.

This topic might most probably get lost in the mix but i just hope more people start talking about this issue & it gets enough attention and demand which is missing from all these years. Its really very inconvenient using 1password on these unsupported browsers & it really sucks having to make a compromise on your browser to use your favourite password manager

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• xd003
    xd003
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Regarding the support for trusted browsers, i see it being there for the nightly builds of mac at the moment, i am assuming it's gonna be added to windows at well at some point. Its a relief if that's the plan

Although I am really not sure if this trusted browser thing will be implemented on Android as well ?

• Hey @xd003,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The extended support is just focusing on the 1Password 8 desktop app at this time and yes you are right, currently, it is only available on the nightly build on Mac but we hope to bring this to stable across both platforms in a future update.

As for Android, do you have any specific requests as to browser support? I'd be happy to put in a request on your behalf.

• xd003
    xd003
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles Although it has been requested many times already, support for Kiwi browser would be really great.

• Thank you @xd003, I have put in a request on your behalf with the team.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

ref: PB35644505

This discussion has been closed.