Fails completely with autotrader.co.uk

Options

Hi,

When creating a new account for www.autotrader.co.uk 1P8 completely failed at everything.

• It would not enter my email address in the user name field.
  • It would not generate a new password - I had to use the password generator.
  • It did not offer to save the new sign in - I had to right-click on the 1P browser extension and click Save Login.
  • It would not allow me to change the login name before clicking save.
  • It did manage to save the login - well I suppose that's something.

however...

• It would not enter the user name and password when trying to login.

I have had a lot of websites that have cause various login issues but it seems so stupid to have to report each and every site via this forum. Because of this I normally don't bother and instead resort to manual copy & paste. Therefore It would be really useful to have an option in the browser extension that would allow us to report sites like this automatically.

Thanks.

P.S. This site is free so it's easy for you to test and fix.

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: Windows 11 22612.1992
Browser: Firefox 115.0.3

Comments

• Hey @IR69,

Thank you for taking the time to report this website. You are right, 1Password is having a hard time filling the fields from the inline menu.

I have filed an issue with our development team to see if we can improve the behaviour on this page in the future. In the meantime, I did find I was able to fill by clicking on the 1Password icon in my browser toolbar and choosing 'Autofill' from here.

I have also passed on your feedback to see if we can make it easier to report these sites from the extension.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

ref: PB34561552
    ref: dev/core/core#21916

• IR69
    IR69
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @steph.giles. That's really helpful.

• You're welcome @IR69, let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.