Cannot switch window anymore

Options
loranger
loranger
Community Member

Hi, I use 1Password on a french mac and even if I did remove the Quick Access shortcut, it still shows up whenever I use the official switch window shortcut (cmd+`)

On a previous macbook pro M1, I did set my Quick Access shortcut to a one I don't use, and the issue was gone, but on this macbook air M2, 1Password does not care and still try to open a Quick Access panel.

Reverted windows switch (cmd+shift+`) still works, but the forward one does not.

I cannot use my keyboard to switch my iterm windows, my vscode projects, or my finder windows.

Please, help

1Password Version: 8.10.9
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: macOS 13.5
Browser: Firefox

Comments

• Hello @loranger! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an issue when using keyboard shortcuts. Our developers are aware of this behaviour and I've added your report to the internal work item open for the issue. Hopefully this can be improved with a future update.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can change the "Move focus to next window" shortcut to a different one by double-clicking where it says ⌘` next to "Move focus to new window" in the System Settings window that you posted.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#15174
    ref: dev/core/core#20365

• loranger
    loranger
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P,

Thanks for your support, I hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks again for the workaround, but I won't change a twenty years old system wide global shortcut known and use by every french mac user a a fix for one single app.
    I will instead disable the 1password Quick Acess until a fix is released.

Thanks

• @loranger

When, and if, a fix is released you'll see it noted in our release notes: 1Password Releases

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience.

-Dave

• loranger
    loranger
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P,
    Is there an ETA on this issue ?

Even if my Quick Access shortcut is now cmd+shift+space, the cmd+` shortcut is still bound and I cannot switch windows.

Please help

• Dave_1P
    Options

@loranger

Thanks for the ping. I see that the issue is still open in our developer's backlog but I don't have an ETA to provide. Thank you again for your patience.

-Dave

• loranger
    loranger
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, me again.

Do you switch between multiple Finder windows? Multiple web browser windows? Code editor maybe ?
    I'd like that too. But I can't do it from my keyboard anymore. And it's been a long time now…

• Dave_1P
    Options

@loranger

Thank you for following up, I don't have any updates to share. The best option for the moment is to workaround the issue by changing the "Move focus to next window" shortcut to a different one.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer to give.

-Dave