1Password isn't working with Firefox on my iPhone

Options
dzinn
dzinn
Community Member
edited August 2023 in iOS

How could I have known IPW doesn't work with Firefox on my iPhone when it works fine on my Macbook?

I have wasted a LOT of time on this. Very annoying.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• dzinn
    dzinn
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    1. The eye (see password) doesn't work on my iPhone when I (try to) sign in to 1PW from an App or website I'm trying to sign into....

(the eye DOES work if I sign into 1PW App -- so maybe have to sign in there when I want to use it BEFORE I go to the other App or website -- but the 1PW sign in comes up -- just the 'eye' doesn't work -- so I make mistakes in my password -- annoying....)

1. BUT just tried to sign into online banking on my iPhone (the website not the App) and 1PW option did not come up -- does 1PW works fine with this website on my Macbook..... Using Firefox browser...

2. Just tried the same website on Safarai & 1PW came up -- maybe some of my problems as I mostly use Firefox as my browser on my iPhone (maybe have to use Safari?)

No... even with Safari it just requested my 1PW password again -- and has only been a few minutes since I signed into the 1PW App on the iPhone???

I have iPhone 12 Pro Max iOS 16.5.1

I use a passcode on my phone & have set to 'locked after 60 minutes of inactivity' but that doesn't always seem to work & requires me to sign in more often -- any tips?

D.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser: Not Provided

• dzinn
    dzinn
    Community Member
    Options

The eye appears & then disappears when I try to click on it....

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.9 (81009046)
    OS Version: iOS 16.5.1 iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Browser: Safari

• Hello @dzinn! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble using 1Password with Firefox on your iPhone. Can you tell me a little more about what exactly isn't working?

When you tap on the username or password field in Firefox do you see "Passwords" appear above your keyboard? If you don't then I would like you to make sure that you have turned on AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• dzinn
    dzinn
    Community Member
    Options

I had already done 1-4... settings as you suggested

Tried it on a website & all of 1PW worked & even the eye worked -- hooray!

Bad news -- I then signed out & tried immdiately to sign in & !PW asked for my PW AGAIN!!! (I have it set for one hour & that seems to work for Safari??)

any thoughts?

I really thing there is an issue on 1PW with iPhones....

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

I then signed out & tried immdiately to sign in & !PW asked for my PW AGAIN!!!

What did you expect to happen instead?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I probably misunderstood:

You signed out of "a website" (not 1Password)?

• @dzinn

Thank you for the reply. When using AutoFill to fill a username and password into a website in Firefox you'll need to unlock 1Password each time that you use it. To unlock 1Password without having to enter your account password each time, I recommend that you turn on Touch ID or Face ID unlock:

1Password for Safari is a web extension and can stay unlocked for longer than Password AutoFill (the filling technology available for Firefox). Web extensions are not available for Firefox on iOS at this time.

The reveal button (the "eye" icon) sometimes not working when using 1Password on iOS is a known issue that our developers are investigating. Hopefully it can be fixed with a future update. I'm sorry for the frustration.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23098

This discussion has been closed.