An unknown database error occurred

Options

After the update to 1Password in the Browser to 2.14.1, the extension has been reporting an unknown database error. Clicking on the icon in the toolbar takes me to an error page (see screenshot):
chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/app/app.html#/page/error?code=db-unknown
If I leave my computer for a while, I will come back to many open tabs of this same error.

I have tried both of the recommended actions, neither one solved the issue. I can fall back to to the non-beta version of 1PW in the browser to restore functionality.

If I try to access the settings page (chrome-extension://khgocmkkpikpnmmkgmdnfckapcdkgfaf/app/app.html#/page/settings) it just hangs and shows me nothing.

1PW in the browser 2.14.1 works just fine on my Chromebook (where there is obviously no desktop app integration at play).

What else can I try to get 2.14.1 working again on my Windows laptop?

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.10.10 (81010014)
Extension Version: 2.14.1
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @Authority,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Can you paste chrome://settings/help into your address bar followed by the enter key and let me know if there are any pending updates here? If yes, can you complete the update and give your computer a restart and let us know if the issue persists?

If there are no updates available, can you let me know which version of Chrome is says you are using?

I look forward to hearing from you.

• Authority
    Authority
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles , thanks for your response. At this point, I think every component has had an update applied and now the beta browser extension is working again.

1Password in the browser 2.14.2 (21400201, on BETA channel)
    1Password for Windows 8.10.12 (81012010, on BETA channel)
    Chrome Version 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

The release notes for the latest extension include "We’ve made some improvements to connecting the extension with the desktop app." Maybe that fixed it?

• Thanks for the update @Authority.

The latest updates may well have got things back on track, I hope things are smooth sailing from here on but please let us know if there us anything else we can help with.

This discussion has been closed.