1Password asks for account password every time

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Why am I repeatedly asked for the master password when using 1password?.

Comments

• Luikart
    Luikart
    Community Member
    Options

1password still asks for my password EVERY time I get on my PC or Android phone.

• Hi @Luikart, thanks for writing in.

1Password for Android will need to be unlocked if the set "Auto-Lock on Exit" time ends, if 1Password is locked or closed directly, if the device closes 1Password in the background, or if the device restarts.

If you'd like to keep 1Password for Android unlocked longer you can extend "Auto-Lock on Exit" and set the app to "Keep open" if available on your device. To change "Auto-Lock on Exit":
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. Tap "Auto-Lock on Exit" and select your preferred time.

Not all devices have a "Keep open" option. When it is available you can find the option in Recents using these or similar steps:
    1. Open 1Password.
    2. Open Recents on your device (a square or three-bar button near the bottom of the screen. If you're using gestures it's typically a swipe up from the bottom of the home screen).
    3. Tap the 1Password icon above the 1Password window.
    4. Select "Keep open", "Lock app", or similar.

If you're expecting to use Biometric or Device unlock instead of a password you can try resetting unlock:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password for Android.
    2. Tap the account or collection icon.
    3. Tap Settings > Security.
    4. Under Unlock, select Password.
    5. Under Unlock, select Biometric or Device.
    6. Tap back then close the Settings menu.
    7. Tap the account or collection icon > Lock.
    8. Enter your account password and unlock 1Password to finish Biometric or Device unlock setup.

Let us know if that improves the behavior on your Android device.

You also mentioned that 1Password on your PC frequently requires a password. Could you let us know a little more about what situations your password is required on your PC as well as the behavior you would expect to see? Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.